Woven textile art, digital jacquard tapestries

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Encaustic; painted silk and bees wax



This fall I took a new work shop in encaustic painting with Patricia Baldwin Seggebruch.  There are many different ways to paint with wax. I find hand painted silk fabric interesting to work with. I paint the silk first, cut it to small pieces and arrange them between wax layers. Here I have finished the paintings with Indian ink drawing.








The paintings are small compared to my weaving. They are about letter size and painted on wooden panels. To learn more about encaustic painting you can start from Patricia's website: http://www.pbsartist.com/









This is my favorite. I made the sketch on my coffee break in a cafe on Cambie street in Vancouver.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment