Woven textile art, digital jacquard tapestries

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Textile tour to Japan in May 2013



I am so happy and fortunate that I had the opportunity to take this tour to Japan with Yoshiko Wada.
A wonderful trip, full of experiences, beautiful fabrics and delicious food. I met skilful artisans - masters in their own field and shared all this with a group of enthusiastic people from all over the world. My Japan tour was a dream come true.






It all begun in Arimatsu where we learned shibori techniques at Mr Tsuyoshi Kuno's studio.






 Emily and her mother opening the ties after dyeing.




 I learned that shibori tecniques can also be used to make three dimensional patterns on fabric.



 
  Polyester fabric can be heat resisted.




 

Cloque on cotton



















Felting on wool




At Arimatsu shibori festival young designers had an impressive fashion show.



















 

No comments:

Post a Comment